Whether you call it a ‘wood burning stove’, ‘log burner’ or a ‘multi-fuel stove’, the result is the same—it beats an open fire hands down. Here are just a few benefits of having multi-fuel stoves and log/wood burners installed in your home:
- Spend less on fuel: Log/wood burners and multi-fuel stoves can reduce your bill by over 75% compared to an open fireplace. Your log/wood burner will quickly pay for itself.
- Enjoy greater efficiency: On average log/wood burners and multi-fuel stoves are 80% more efficient meaning more heat goes on warming your home and less disappears up the chimney.
- Increase the value of your property: According to London estate agents, installing a log/wood burner or multi-fuel stove can increase the value of your home by up to 5%.
When choosing your installation company it pays to shop around. Make sure you get at least three quotes to enable you to compare their prices and services. Here are a few points to consider:
- Are they a HETAS Registered Company?
- Is the company Trading Standards Approved?
- Is the person who will carry out the work a HETAS Registered Installer?
- Do they have public liability insurance of up to £5 million?
- How much experience do they have?
- Do they have any links to or experience with a chimney sweeping service that means they understand what cleaning access will be required? If not your chimney sweep may condemn the installation, and additional work may be required to provide adequate cleaning access.
Having log/wood burners and multi fuel stoves in your home can increase the value of your property by up to 5%!
The cost of installation can differ between installers — the important thing to remember is that you get what you pay for. If you receive a quote that is extremely cheap, double check the materials the company is providing, establish whether or not they are correctly insured and whether their installers are HETAS Registered. Sadly, some installers will provide cheaper rates by cutting corners, make sure you do not get your fingers burnt!
To find out the investment required for our log/wood burners and multi-fuel stoves installation, take less than 2 minutes to complete our online estimator or call us on 01223 964803. We will be more than happy to answer your questions and give you the best advice!