A chimney liner will be used to protect the flue of your wood burner, log burning stove or open fireplace from heat and corrosion. Essentially it will hold the combustion products within it, directing them outside. The quality of your chimney liner can vary and this can affect what you get out of it including; length of warranty, the type of fuel you can burn, and the life expectancy.
As experts in the installation of wood burners, log burning stoves and whatever else you like to call them, we install liners for burners, stoves and open fireplaces.
We also can expertly advise you on the chimney liner best suited to your needs.
When do you need a new liner?
- If the current flue or chimney liner has deteriorated. Your chimney sweep will be able to advise you when this happens.
- If your chimney fails a flue integrity test. In the majority of cases, the recommendation is to have a new chimney liner installed.
When selecting your flue and chimney liner installation supplier, keep the following points in mind:
- Is the supplier you wish to use HETAS Registered and are their installers HETAS Installers?
- If you choose an independent installer make sure he is a HETAS Installer.
- The very best flue and chimney liner installation suppliers and installers will be covered with public liability insurance of at least £5 million.
- When contacting HETAS engineers ask about their experience. The more experience they have the better equipped they will be to advise you. Why not ask for some previous customer testimonials too!
Find out how much it will cost you to replace your flue and chimney liner with our online estimator. Quick and easy to fill out, you will receive a cost quote to your inbox in less than two minutes!
As with most industries, you get what you pay for. When comparing prices and the services which are being offered to you, make sure you also compare the materials which will be used as well as the credentials of your proposed suppliers. More often than not, you’ll find the cheaper quotes will be the result of corners being cut resulting in extra costs for you in the long run.
Don’t get your fingers burnt! Speak to our experts to find out more about our flue and chimney liner services by calling us today on 01223 964803. We will be happy to talk you through the installation process, the costs involved whilst answering any questions that you may have.